The Black Eagle Palace is an architectural monument representative of Oradea, located in the pedestrian center. The palace was built between 1907-1908 by the architects Marcell Komor and Dezso Jakob in the Oradea Secession style.
The corner built building has a high ground floor and four floors and is composed by two buildings unified by a famous passage with access to other two streets. The passage is known for its large stained glass at the entrance that illustrates an eagle flying. The Palace is also known and appreciated for its stained glass windows of the central cupola that converts the light into a spectacular view of thousands of brilliant colors.
Currently, the building houses many cafes and clubs and it is very popular among the youth of Oradea.